Friday, April 8, 2016

Review: 20 Minutes to Toned

This workout required some equipment I don't have at home, so I did it at the gym.


Time: About 30 minutes
Learning Curve: Moderate
Effort: Medium-sweaty
Equipment: Timer, resistance band, bosu balance trainer, medicine ball

This workout went pretty slowly the first time I did it, but I was able to pick it up pretty quickly, and by the third time I did it I was almost bored. The whole routine actually lasted about 30 minutes for me because of the time in between exercises setting up for the next one or reading the instructions on my phone.

The article recommends using a resistance band, but I used a Super Band instead, as I found it easier to attach to the gym equipment.



Resistance band

Super Band


I got a lot out of the bosu-based exercises, but had some trouble with the resistance band ones. It was hard to get the band at just the right height so that I could do the exercises properly and at the same time get enough resistance to get a workout, but not so much I couldn't do the exercise. I haven't used resistance bands much before, so your mileage may vary. I actually liked the 1 minute of cardio in between exercises (I just ran in place). I generally don't like cardio and have difficulty running besides, so one minute was right at my tolerance level.

All in all, I liked that this routine made me feel like I'd spent a quality half hour at the gym. But after a week of doing it, I was kind of bored and ready to move on to something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment